News broke recently that Microsoft is planning to bring its Xbox Game Pass service to Windows. But what many Windows 10 users don’t know is that Game Pass for PC is already here…sort of.
Xbox Game Pass, introduced in mid-2017, is a subscription service that provides users with unlimited access to a rotating catalog of over 100 games for a single monthly fee (currently $9.99). Unlike some other subscription services like PlayStation Now which relies on streaming video, Xbox Game Pass provides access to the complete downloadable versions of games, removing concerns about Internet bandwidth and latency while playing.
But Microsoft’s new “Play Anywhere” push means that several first and even third party games are also available on PC. While the number of games available for Windows is far less than what is available on the Xbox One, there are still several good games that are waiting for you to play right now. Here’s how to find them if you’re a Game Pass subscriber with a Windows 10 PC.
Xbox Game Pass for PC
- First, make sure you’re logged into the Microsoft Store app on your PC with the same account that is subscribed to Game Pass. Then, launch the Store and click the menu icon (three dots) in the upper-right corner.
- Select My Library.
- From the sidebar on the left, select Xbox Game Pass.
- This will display a list of all current Game Pass titles. While most of them won’t be available for Windows, any games that are available for PC will display an Install button. Just click it to install the game according to your Windows 10 download settings.
Of course, this isn’t a complete or even extensive library of games, and we don’t necessarily recommend that you subscribe to Game Pass just for the current PC side of things (unless you’re exclusively a first-party Microsoft fan). But if you’re already a Game Pass subscriber on the Xbox, it’s nice to have “free” access to a handful of PC games, too.
There’s no word yet on if Microsoft’s plan for a full-fledged Game Pass for PC will continue the current strategy of allowing access to locally installed games or if it will instead be part of the company’s own game streaming initiative.
Xbox Game Pass PC Games List
For those curious, here’s a list of the Xbox Games Pass games that are available on the PC as of the date of this article’s publication. Note that “available on the PC” means available as part of the Game Pass subscription, not available on the PC in general. In other words, there are many games that offer a Windows version but not as part of their inclusion in the Games Pass service.
- Disneyland Adventures
- Forza Horizon 4
- Gears of War 4
- Riptide GP: Renegade
- Rush: A DisneyPixar Adventure
- Sea of Thieves
- Snake Pass
- State of Decay 2
- Super Lucky’s Tale
- Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection
This article was originally published on TekRevue.com