Every time I hear someone say they they can’t do anything with a ripe banana, I cringe. There are so many things you can do with ripe bananas!
Sure, they aren’t as appetizing by themselves, but they most definitely can serve you in a variety of ways. Cookie, cakes, smoothies, and breads — there’s just no going wrong here.
Here is a compilation of recipes I’ve gathered for you from around the internet. With this much variety, you’re bound to find what makes your taste buds happy.
1. Chocolate Banana Smoothie
This is a no-brainer. Smoothies are the easiest solution when it comes to figuring out what to do with ripe fruit, frozen fruit, or fruit that’s about to spoil.
- 1 c. milk
- 1 chocolate scoop of protein
- 1 ripe banana
- 3/4 frozen fruit
- 1 tbsp. of peanut butter
*Don’t forget you need the best blender .
2. Banana Pancakes (So yummy!)
Mix pancakes how you would normally and add in one ripe banana
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened (I use Challenge Butter)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
Click here for further instructions.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- about 3 extra-large ripe bananas or 4 small/medium, sliced in half horizontally and then sliced in vertically (if banana is ‘fat’, slice each half into 3 or 4 long vertical pieces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (or Powdered Buttermilk, use 2 tablespoons with the dry ingredients + 1/2 cup water added with the wet)
- 1/3 cup sour cream (lite okay, or plain Greek yogurt may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- salted caramel sauce for drizzling, optional (homemade or store bought)
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp fine salt
- 1 cup smashed banana (2 to 3 small bananas)
- ½ cup vegetable oil, plus more for brushing waffle iron
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Soft unsalted butter and confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
The post 20 Recipes That Prove a Ripen Banana Is Still Good to Go! appeared first on Lifehack.