Apple has just released version 10.4.3 of Logic Pro X, as well as a GarageBand update; bringing it to version 10.3.2.
Logic version 10.4.3 is mainly a maintenance release, with a host of stability improvements and bug fixes; exactly the type of thing we are always begging Apple for!
There is also one nice little easter Egg included. Or should I say Christmas present. We now have the ability to disable specific MIDI ports. Previously, we had to go into the Environment and “siphon” the feed from the Physical Input object and route it to a dummy destination in order to kill it from arriving at Logic’s sequencer. This is a much neater solution. And great for when you are running multiple audio apps and need to control which MIDI device is connected to which app. Very nice; thanks Apple!
New in Logic Pro X 10.4.3
- There are now preferences to filter MIDI data on a port-by-port basis.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly
- Sometimes when Exporting All Tracks as Audio.
- Sometimes when adjusting the left edge of a region.
- When more than one image is dragged to the project notes area.
- Sometimes when adding text objects to the bottom of a page in the Score.
- Sometimes while recording when the Piano Roll scrolls to a set of selected events after clicking in the header of a track that is not the recording track.
- After using “Select Unused” in the Project Audio window and then pressing delete in projects that use instances of Melodyne ARA.
- After cutting a MIDI take folder and then immediately starting a recording.
- Sometimes when clicking the Display Level button in the Automation Event Edit list.
- When a channel strip is deleted with the Undo History window open.
- When the “Unpack to New Track Alternatives” command is performed on grouped tracks.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs
- Sometimes when editing Articulation Sets.
- Sometimes after performing the “Copy MIDI Events” key command.
- Logic Pro no longer shows an “Illegal Regions” error when opening certain projects.
- Performing undo after adjusting the length of a looped region no longer rarely causes the region to be deleted.
- Logic Pro no longer seems to hang sometimes when opening a List or Browser when the Smart Controls are open.
- CPU performance is improved when running Logic Pro on high density displays.
- Tempo information is now properly written to audio files in a multitrack set that do not have the “Contribute to Analysis” option selected.
- Clicking on a button in a Smart Tempo Multitrack Set after deleting a recording in the Tracks area no longer causes the other files in the Multitrack Set to be deleted.
- Changing the length of a Drummer region in Adapt Mode no longer sometimes leads to unexpected tempo changes.
- Region Flex & Follow settings are now properly preserved after editing contributors to Smart Tempo analysts of a multitrack set.
- Performing Undo immediately after an audio recording in KEEP mode now works the first time.
- Tempo events from imported audio files are now placed correctly on downbeats when Flex & Follow is set to On in Keep Mode.
- A progress bar for Normalize no longer sometimes appears after a multitrack recording.
- It is no longer necessary to hit play after loading a project that uses instances of ARA plug-ins to insure the data and edits are saved.
- The Auto Save feature now recovers unsaved ARA edits.
- Controller information and note data for Articulations are now sent each time playback is started.
- Articulation Key Switches again work reliably when notes are selected in an editor.
- Controllers used as articulation switches no longer sometimes unexpectedly reset to 0.
- Impulse Response files for Chinese and Japanese traditional instruments are now correctly found when a GarageBand for iOS project is opened in Logic Pro.
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes shows a “not enough disk space” error when relocating the Sound Library content to an external drive that has adequate free space.
- The Flex view now updates correctly when changing from Flex Pitch to a Flex Time mode.
- Trimming the left edge of a flexed region no longer sometimes disables flex in certain rare cases.
- It is now possible to trim the right borders of multiple selected flexed regions.
- Dragged flex-pitched notes in the Audio Track Editor now sound while being adjusted.
- Adjusting the setting of knobs via text entry now reliably results in accurate values.
- EXS instruments created by loading 32-bit float audio files from the Edit > Zone > Load Multiple Samples menu item now sound correctly.
- Changing a plug-in or instrument no longer sometimes affects instances of the same plug-in or instrument in a different open project.
- Plug-ins that are in a Compare state are saved with the correct settings when performing Save As.
- Adjusting region-based automation in an editor window no longer unexpectedly affects the display of Track-based Automation in the Tracks area.
- Regions at the bottom of a Summing Stack no longer sometimes disappear after they have been moved to higher tracks in the stack.
- Removing characters from Global Text objects no longer causes unexpected repeated characters.
- Chord grids with custom tunings now consistently display as expected.
- Knobs on Classic MIDI channel strips again send MIDI CC data while being adjusted.
- Option-clicking a send on a selected channel strip again resets all sends on the channel strip to 0db.
- Sends to outputs other than Output 1-2 are no longer unexpectedly delayed when Low Latency Mode is enabled.
- The Goto Position key command is again executed after pressing Return once.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers
- Changing the order of devices in the Control Surface Setup window now continues to work after the initial setup.
- Fader objects in the Environment again show numerical values as black text on a white background when the object is deflected and Cable view is on.
- The Piano Roll no longer scrolls to the bottom of the window when receiving non-note data during recording.
- The view in the Piano Roll now reliably remains focused on the currently playing notes while recording using the Repeat Note button on the Touch Bar.
- Copying notes in the Piano Roll that extend past the current end of the region again automatically lengthen the region to accommodate them.
- Selecting quantize values by right-clicking a note with the Quantize Tool in the Piano Roll again works as expected.
- Swing Quantize now works correctly for regions whose left borders do not fall precisely on grid positions.
- Using the Solo tool in the Tracks area no longer sometimes causes hanging notes.
- Editing text in the Notepad no longer always causes the view to jump to the end of the text.
- Solo Lock is now properly maintained when copying or moving regions that aren’t soloed.
- Pressing Enter after renaming a track in the Track Inspector now confirms the new text as expected.
- Regions on Summing Stacks now visibly move when dragged.
- Track stacks no longer appear to be muted after solo is engaged and then disengaged.
- It is again possible to adjust the Delay setting in the Track Inspector for a channel of a multi-output software instrument.
- “Cancel” now works as expected in the dialog that comes up when performing the “Cut section between locators” command.
- Inserting a tempo event into the Tempo List no longer cause Automation View to unexpectedly toggle.
- The Optimize Files menu item in the Project Audio browser in the Main Window media area is now dimmed as expected when only regions are selected in the browser.
- Logic no longer hangs sometimes when opening the Musical Typing Keyboard window.
This article was originally posted at Logic Pro Expert.