Aside from hearing that cow’s milk helps bones grow strong, what else do you “know” about it? In the USA, we grow up hearing all about the benefits of dairy milk. We are told we need to drink it to be healthy. But, do we really? Are there any cold, hard facts about milk that contradict this health claim? There certainly are! Here are ten fascinating facts about cow’s milk.
1. Dairy has been linked to a host of health problems!
2. High dairy consumption means a higher rate of osteoporosis.
3. Despite the happy imagery we often see of cows in the grass, dairy farms pollute the Earth.
4. “Dairy Farms?” Or maybe we can call them slaughter houses?
5. The amount of lactose intolerant people is more numerous than you think!
6. Sorry cows – soybeans are far superior to your milk.
7. Got plants?
8. It’s strange when you really stop to think about it, right?
9. Would you like some pus with that glass of milk?
10. Movin’ on over to the green side!
Now that you’ve read the facts, click here for dozens of brands of plant-based milks and hundreds of options to choose from. You’re bound to find one to meet your individual tastes and nutritional needs! Then, check out these fantastic nut milk recipes.
This artivle was originally published at OneGreenPlanet.org