This article is about a conspiracy theory. For the pharmaceutical industry in general, see Pharmaceutical industry. According to the Big Pharma conspiracy theory the medical establishment in general, and pharmaceutical companies in particular, operate for sinister purposes and against the public good.
Who are the big pharma?
Big Pharma is the nickname given to the world’s vast and influential pharmaceutical industry and its trade group, the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America or PhRMA. These powerful companies make billions of dollars every year by selling drugs and medical devices.
What is the big pharma conspiracy?
According to the Big Pharma conspiracy theory the medical establishment in general, and pharmaceutical companies in particular, operate for sinister purposes and against the public good.
How much is Big Pharma worth?
Pharmaceutical Industry. The global pharmaceuticals market is worth US$300 billion a year, a figure expected to rise to US$400 billion within three years. The 10 largest drugs companies control over one-third of this market, several with sales of more than US$10 billion a year and profit margins of about 30%.
How much money does the pharmaceutical industry spend on lobbying?
From 1998 to 2014, Big Pharma spent nearly $2.9 billion on lobbying expenses — more than any other industry. The industry also doled out more than $15 million in campaign contributions from 2013-14.
How Big Pharma Stops Its Competitors and Monopolizes the Health Industry
-By Paul A Philips
When it comes to treating illness, disease in particular, on every level; academia, research and development, marketing, diagnoses, orthodox treatment, press and politics… there is a pattern that runs throughout. This pattern reflects how Big Pharma is able to stop its alternative health competitors from getting any significant share of the market from sales in treating illness and thus monopolizes the health industry.
-This in effect suppresses alternative health treatment regardless of cost and efficacy.
How the suppression works
Let me spell it out. I’ll put it to you like this: Let’s use our imagination for a moment, be hypothetical and say that you’ve come up with a miracle cure for an incurable disease and it exists in the form of a few cheap, non-toxic herbal tablets with a dietary regime to accompany.
Your breakthrough treatment is unorthodox alternative medicine. It has many advantages:
1. Treatment is natural. Therefore it is relatively cheap.
2. It is non-toxic with no ill side effects.
3. No need to treat possible side effects.
4. Patients are cured! No more suffering or death!
5. Because patients are cured, they no longer have to keep returning for treatment like they would if it were left to the medical / pharmaceutical approach who only treat the symptoms (most patients have to keep returning for the rest of their lives) and are only given temporary relief.
6. Think of how the money saved from this cheap alternative cure could be put to good use. What about including this treatment for individuals on low income, developing countries, educational programmes and publicity campaigns to spread the word..? Although your innovations are far more effective than anything currently on the market, you will be in for a hard time with the big boys of the medical / pharmaceutical establishment when the word gets out about your miracle cure. You may well be genuine, caring, brilliant and with much conviction, but it is highly unlikely that you’ll ever get your miracle cure with all the above advantages going with any impact at all. You have to remember, the medical / pharmaceutical establishment are only ultimately interested in oiling the wheels of commerce with big profits. Anyone seen to be a financial threat to them must be brought down, no matter what it takes. The public at large, for most part, have no idea of how low the corrupt establishment are prepared to go when it comes to getting what they want: to keep control of the markets and monopoly. To avoid a competitor breaking into the market while keeping prescription drugs at ridiculously high prices, the government have agreed with Big Pharma to a list of mandatory protocols. That is, new products have to go through a series of tests and approvals before they are finally accepted. This could take something like 10 years and by this time the Big Pharma competitor may have spent around 250 million dollars. -Fortunately, this does not also have to include you. Your cure is natural medicine. It does not have to be patented.
“It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest.” -Al Capone
However, right from the beginning you could be shut down and have your equipment seized for illegal medical treatment, and then face the possibility of a prison sentence. –All this could happen regardless of high efficacy! This is one of many examples where laws have been made not because of fairness but to write something in to favour the rich and powerful.
–Here you have an array of crooks that have covered all the necessary allies to successfully bring off their unjust operations. They don’t give a damn about people. Profits rule OK!!
‘’There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.’’ -Montesquieu 1669 – 1755
If attempts from the authorities fail to close your practice down, you could face an onslaught of criticism, even if any of it isn’t based on fact. You could be called a madman or a quack… or just plain wrong. In the end you will even find it difficult to give away your treatment for nothing.
Alternative news, new paradigm, consciousness, Big Pharma, spirituality, natural health, healthcare, pharmaceutical industry, Business monopoly, Paul A Philips, raising awareness
Where in the so-called free world is the free market economy here? The only competition that exists in drug sales is amongst pharmaceutical companies, who, together with the government, slyly control the prices.
Learning to discern
In light of the above discernment is absolutely essential. For your own health educate yourself on what’s best for you when needing treatment. Learn to discern when prescription-happy Doctors or other medical staff try to push unnecessary, toxic and invasive treatment on you for Big Pharma’s profit machine, when you’d be better off choosing alternative medicine. originally published on NewParadigm.ws
This post bellow “Big Pharma Corp That Spent Big Bucks Keeping Marijuana Illegal Gets DEA Approval For Synthetic Marijuana” was originally published on Collective – Evolution.
Big Pharma is known for putting profit before people’s health. Anonymous, for instance, pointed out that Big Pharma doesn’t want the general population to be aware of alternative treatments to curing cancer outside of chemotherapy.
The organization pointed out:
Do you know why oncologists still prescribe chemotherapy when they know it boosts cancer growth, doesn’t work 97% of the time, makes the symptoms of the man-made disease worse, and shortens life expectancy — when they also acknowledge the fact that ginger extract and its bioactive components prevent cancer development; marijuana causes cancer cells to commit suicide while leaving healthy cells unharmed; and combination of lemon and baking soda has 10,000 times stronger effect than chemotherapy?
Now Big Pharma has its sites on crushing a major offender of their brand’s attitude: marijuana.
In 2016, supporters of an initiative to legalize recreational marijuana in Arizona were met with much resistance from a pharmaceutical giant, Insys Therapeutics, who chose to donate $500,000 to the opponents of Proposition 205.
Though a spokesperson for Insys insisted their opposition was because the drug “fails to protect the safety of Arizona’s citizens, and particularly its children,”the truth eventually came out, with it was recently revealed that the company simply didn’t want to face competition.
The suspicions were confirmed when Insys received approval from the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to produce its own synthetic marijuana. The company claims the new medication is meant to treat nausea in patients suffering from cancer and AIDS. Natural cannabis has been shown to provide such treatments as well, yet without the hefty cost.
Even more frustrating is that, while natural cannabis remains Schedule I of the Controlled Substance Act, the DEA has listed Syndros — the name of the new synthetic drug — as Schedule II.
The approval has generated anger among cannabis activists, who believe that Insys is simply aiding in the prevention of the type of treatment now on track to hi the market.
Insys even wrote a letter to the DEA several years ago to pave its path toward conquering marijuana as medicine by requesting to keep marijuana criminalized because of “the abuse potential in terms of the need to grow and cultivate substantial crops of marijuana in the United States.” Meanwhile, they petitioned the DEA to be more flexible regarding certain restrictions of the production of synthetic cannabidol (CBD), since Insys has been working on its own CBD product.
To point out the corruption of Insys, it’s worth noting that the company also manufacturers fentanyl, a painkiller that is 50 times stronger than heroin with a deadly track record. In fact, six former Insys executives were arrested this past December for allegedly using bribery to get doctors to prescribe the drug to patients who didn’t need it. Such news only puts more concern on the association’s immense efforts to hinder regulated marijuana use.
Regardless of the corruption, synthetic marijuana has been shown to have serious, and perhaps deadly toxic side effects. However, the same cannot be said for natural cannabis.
“It’s pretty absurd that federal law considers marijuana to have no medical value, but allows for the development of synthetic versions of the same substance,” said Mason Tvert, of the Marijuana Policy Project, which has backed many state legalization measures.
According to the Washington Post:
“The company last year said that it opposed the marijuana legalization measure because “it fails to protect the safety of Arizona’s citizens, and particularly its children.” But it added that it “firmly believes in the potential clinical benefits of cannabinoids,” and that “we hope that patients will have the opportunity to benefit from these potential products once clinical trials demonstrate their safe and effective use.”